We all still love the Devils, right? And we all love to have one, sometimes two (and for this round, perhaps up to four) beverages of the adult variety while watching Devils games, right?
With games one and two once again on the road, why not make them more interesting with the Official Speaking of the Devils Round Two Drinking* Game!
(* – Speaking of the Devils in no way endorses abuse of alcohol, consumption of alcohol by anyone under the legal drinking age, and/or the operation of any vehicle (including bicycles) or any machine (including, but not limited to, blenders) while under the influence of alcohol. This game is for entertainment purposes and I don’t take responsibility for any of you overdoing it. Just have fun out there.)
The rules are simple. Just follow the required drink amounts whenever one of the things listed below happens. A “drink” is considered your usual sip of your beverage of choice. So, three drinks would be three times the usual amount you would take when sipping your beverage.
If you are under the age of 21 (or whatever the legal drinking age is wherever you are), you can use anything, really. Chocolate ice cream works good because then you can get chocolate wasted. And the brain freeze is crazy!
Here we go:
• If Pierre McGuire tells someone to “..have fun out there.”
• Every time the New Jersey Turnpike is mentioned.
• Every time the words “…after a brutal first round” are spoken.
• If Jagr and/or Brodeur and “ageless” are said in the same sentence.
• For every Doc “…it.. rang.. off … the .. post!”
• Every time the year 1975 is mentioned.
• If Laviolette isn’t wearing an orange tie.
• If they show Scott Stevens / Eric Lindros highlights.
• Every time they mention Bryzgalov and the universe in the same sentence.
• Every time David Clarkson falls down. (BONUS SHOT: If he scores while falling)
• If Stephen Gionta is at any point called Brian.
• Every time Doc says “jostled.”
• If Doc tells you what the player’s hometown is.
• Every time Sidney Crosby is mentioned.
• Any time Ilya Kovalchuk and the Atlanta Thrashers are mentioned in the same sentence.
• If anyone says anything about “two halftimes,” commercials included.
• Every time Ilya Kovalchuk knocks out a Flyer with one punch.
• Every time you mistake a Flyers jersey for a Halloween decoration.
• If Doc or Pierre drop an F-bomb.
• If the orange and black color combination doesn’t make you physically ill by the start of the second period (because obviously you aren’t drinking enough).
• Every time the Devils score.
These are general rules for NBC broadcasts. If Doc isn’t doing the game, just make up your own rules. Have fun out there!
Do you think any other rules should be added? Let me know!
LET’S GO DEVILS!